Joe Naturals Farm Store Cafe is a “farm to table” cafe and natural foods store located in historic Leiper’s Fork, near Franklin, TN. The owners contacted me through a fellow farmer with whom I have worked on several web projects.
The website project was languishing, after being abandoned by a designer who lacked knowledge of WordPress template coding. The site needed better integration with WordPress, including text-based navigation and replacement of scanned layout comps, which were being used for page display & navigation.
I reworked the stylesheet to replace image-based text with CSS styled text, integrated WordPress navigation, and then added a few WordPress plugins.
- Constant Contact API for automated newsletter signup
- Simple Facebook Connect for Facebook Fan Page interconnectedness
- Google Analyticator and Google XML Sitemaps for search engine optimization and traffic reporting
- WordPress SEO for simple and effective search engine optimization
- W3 Total Cache to speed up site access on a low-end GoDaddy hosting account
I also worked with the farmers’ social media person to add social media links and integrate Facebook “Likes” and cross publishing from the WordPress blog to the Facebook Fan Page.
No comments yet.