WordPress (or any other script) can automatically install during Virtualmin > Create Virtual Server.
Virtualmin automatically creates users, MySQL database, and installs WordPress in the public_html root, then gives a link to the WordPress Installer. You can even create a custom installer with a set of plugins and themes.
To create a custom script installer with plugins and themes:
- Download http://wordpress.org/latest.zip & unzip
- add some themes and plugins folders in /wp-content/
- zip as copy-of-latest.zip
- Create a copy of /usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server/scripts/wordpress.pl
- edit copy-of-wordpress.pl to give a new name: script_wordpress_desc “Custom WordPress”
- link to your zip: ‘url’ => “file://localhost/path/to/copy-of-latest.zip”,
- Put copy-of-wordpress.pl in /usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server/scripts/
- Virtualmin > System Settings > Server Templates > Default Settings > Default Script Installers
- Custom WordPress
If you want to have the script archive download from a protected web directory, that is also possible:
'url' => "http://repo.server.com/file-ver.zip", 'nocache' => 1, 'user' => "username", 'pass' => "password"