…cgi-bin> allow from all </Directory> SuexecUserGroup “#987″ “#756″ Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks Includes IncludesNOEXEC -Indexes MultiViews SymLinksIfOwnerMatch RemoveHandler .php RemoveHandler .php5 IPCCommTimeout 12 </VirtualHost> You must “babysit” the configuration: use the APC monitor (apc.php) to see how many files are being cached, and how much memory (apc.shm_size) is needed to avoid fragmentation, which will… 2, 0, 0, 0 and 4877.11
Search results for "apc localcache"
…rtual domain will load its own php.ini file, so you can add the APC directives to that file (/home/domainname/etc/php5/php.ini) Add the following to php.ini (adjust to your requirements) [APC] extension = apc.so apc.enabled = 1 apc.shm_segments = 1 apc.shm_size = 12M apc.optimization = 0 apc.num_files_hint = 256 apc.user_entries_hint = 1024 apc.ttl = 0 apc.user_ttl = 0 apc.gc_ttl = 600 apc.cache_by_default = 0 apc.filters = “-/home/username/publi… 2, 0, 0, 0 and 2330.98
…APC per virtual server. However with 200+ virtual hosts all running PHP script packages, as is the case with a commodity shared hosting server, this will use a lot of memory, and you will need somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-30GB apc.shm_size if you attempt to configure a single APC cache for the entire server. My web hosting server is for a small number of personal clients, so I adjust the APC settings for each individual account, depending… 11, 1, 1, 0 and 657.45
…ySQL 5 or later, the configuration statements can be in the following form (example from one of my servers): [mysqld] datadir=/var/lib/mysql socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock user=mysql symbolic-links=0 innodb_file_per_table = 1 thread_concurrency = 8 query_cache_size = 64M query_cache_limit = 4M thread_cache_size = 8 myisam_sort_buffer_size = 64M read_rnd_buffer_size = 8M read_buffer_size = 2M sort_buffer_size = 2M table_cache = 1600 table_defini… 3, 0, 0, 0 and 143.44
SoccerNews.com is a high traffic WordPress site with over 600,000 unique visitors and over 2,000,000 page impressions per month. It is a content republisher and aggregator, presenting custom XML feeds for (what else?) soccer news from all over the world. The site has a very active user base, providing content in the forms of editorials and comments on news items. Advertising and sponsored referrals provide the revenue stream. SoccerNews.com web… 2, 0, 1, 0 and 131.49
…NFILES=131072 # # Locked shared memory (for ulimit -l) # Default log size is 82MB + header MEMLOCK=82000 # # Maximum size of corefile (for ulimit -c). Default in Fedora is 0 # DAEMON_COREFILE_LIMIT=”unlimited” # # Set this to 1 to make init script reload try to switch vcl without restart. # To make this work, you need to set the following variables # explicit: VARNISH_VCL_CONF, VARNISH_ADMIN_LISTEN_ADDRESS, # VARNISH_ADMIN_LISTEN_PORT, VARNISH_SE… 0, 0, 3, 0 and 107.58
Punktastic.com is a community powered site that covers punk music in Britain, but is poised to go worldwide. They cover punk and hardcore shows and festivals, and provide album reviews, video interviews and more. With a growing audience and user base, Punktastic needed a more reliable and robust web server, so they made the move to a dedicated CentOS 5 series web server with 3GB RAM. While this is a relatively low-end box, it has plenty of horse… 1, 0, 0, 0 and 47.81
Chris Gilligan Information Architect, Web Server Administrator, Media Producer web • video • print email@example.com chrisgilligan.com I design and produce information and communication media for university, corporate, small business, manufacturing and non-profit clients: web sites Information architecture and design for open source content management systems Linux Apache MySQL PHP web server administration Postfix Dovecot Sendmail [...]
- How to Configure APC Cache on Virtual Servers with PHP running under FCGId November 8, 2010
- Automated WordPress Installation Via Custom Virtualmin Script Installer May 17, 2012
- WordPress with W3 Total Cache on Nginx with APC (Virtualmin) March 12, 2012
- Varnish VCL and Config for WordPress with W3 Total Cache August 14, 2012
- Remote publishing to WordPress from Facebook via RSS July 25, 2011
- WordPress Fail2Ban RegEx for RedHat, CentOS, Amazon Linux April 27, 2013
- Fail2Ban Regex for RedHat, Fedora, CentOS and Amazon Linux 2013 April 19, 2013
- Auto Mailer Form with Validation and reCAPTCHA January 16, 2013
- Install phpMyAdmin with SSL on CentOS, Amazon Linux, RedHat (Apache or NginX) September 24, 2012
- SSL and CloudFront CDN Support for WebFonts via .htaccess September 5, 2012
- Chris Gilligan: What version of PHP are you running. This example ...
- manny: Hi Chris, Thank you for sharing the script, it ...
- Prestashop et APC en multiboutiques | Webiche : Blog de Michel Tomas: [...] Configure APC sur Apache avec mod-fcgid [......
- Chris Gilligan: leonardo: Thanks for your kind words! I do not ...
- leonardo: hey !! I am very happy I am publishing from facebo...
a little bird told me…
Follow @gilligoon on Twitter