I have been working on a Varnish front-end for Apache, to be used with WordPress sites. I described the architecture in Load Balancing Virtualmin WordPress Hosting Server with Varnish on AWS. I now have a configuration that seems to work for all WordPress features, including logged-out commenting. This configuration also works well with W3 Total [...]
Tag Archives | Wordpress
WordPress (or any other script) can automatically install during Virtualmin > Create Virtual Server. Virtualmin automatically creates users, MySQL database, and installs WordPress in the public_html root, then gives a link to the WordPress Installer. You can even create a custom installer with a set of plugins and themes. To create a custom script installer [...]
SoccerNews.com is a high traffic WordPress site with over 600,000 unique visitors and over 2,000,000 page impressions per month. It is a content republisher and aggregator, presenting custom XML feeds for (what else?) soccer news from all over the world. The site has a very active user base, providing content in the forms of editorials and [...]
Most WordPress developers know you can use one of several plugins to publish from WordPress to a Facebook wall, app or fan page. Did you know you can also do the opposite? You can publish from Facebook to WordPress by using the FeedWordPress plugin and the RSS feed from your fan page. This can be [...]
Tennessee Galvanizing had an aging Joomla site that needed major software updates. So, I migrated the site to Wordpress for ease of use and ease of updates. Wordpress is much more user friendly than Joomla, and also easier to maintain.
I worked with Office Coordinators Inc’s talented in-house designers to update the OCI website. OCI chose an e-commerce theme, and we completely reworked the CSS and layout to match their colors and logo treatment. After a previous failed attempt with another developer, they were surprised at how quickly the site came together, and how easy [...]
I’ve been hosting and helping with Suck Creek Cycle’s website since they opened in 1998. The site was long overdue for an upgrade, so I took an existing template design and tweaked it a bit to look like the bike shop, then integrated social media and syndicated content from their vendors. Facebook local business page [...]
This is a major redesign of the website for Chattanooga’s Main St Farmers Market. Local designers Widgets & Stone came up with the logos and suggested the look and feel, and I worked with Padgett Arnold to get the visuals and content just right. One interesting fact about the site: the web server is located [...]
This is a simple website for a Chattanooga based landscape architect that focuses on beautiful portfolio slideshows. We’ve also added Twitter and Facebook integration to keep fans and customers updated on the latest projects. Incoming search terms for the article:landscape architecture portfoliolandscape architecture portfolio tipsarchitect websitebeautiful architecture portfoliolandscape architecture websitesarchitect web pagelandscape web page chris\
This site was produced in tandem with Widgets & Stone, a Chattanooga design firm. We’re members of Sequatchie Cove Farm’s Community Shared Agriculture program, so we are very familiar with the quality of the eggs, dairy, meat and produce coming out of the clean and fertile Sequatchie Valley. Incoming search terms for the article:website agriculture [...]
- How to Configure APC Cache on Virtual Servers with PHP running under FCGId November 8, 2010
- Automated WordPress Installation Via Custom Virtualmin Script Installer May 17, 2012
- WordPress with W3 Total Cache on Nginx with APC (Virtualmin) March 12, 2012
- Varnish VCL and Config for WordPress with W3 Total Cache August 14, 2012
- Remote publishing to WordPress from Facebook via RSS July 25, 2011
- WordPress Fail2Ban RegEx for RedHat, CentOS, Amazon Linux April 27, 2013
- Fail2Ban Regex for RedHat, Fedora, CentOS and Amazon Linux 2013 April 19, 2013
- Auto Mailer Form with Validation and reCAPTCHA January 16, 2013
- Install phpMyAdmin with SSL on CentOS, Amazon Linux, RedHat (Apache or NginX) September 24, 2012
- SSL and CloudFront CDN Support for WebFonts via .htaccess September 5, 2012
- manny: Hi Chris, Thank you for sharing the script, it ...
- Prestashop et APC en multiboutiques | Webiche : Blog de Michel Tomas: [...] Configure APC sur Apache avec mod-fcgid [......
- Chris Gilligan: leonardo: Thanks for your kind words! I do not ...
- leonardo: hey !! I am very happy I am publishing from facebo...
- leonardo: Thats a very good tool !!! Thankyou very much I...
a little bird told me…
Follow @gilligoon on Twitter