cgi-bin> allow from all </Directory> SuexecUserGroup “#987″ “#756″ Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks Includes IncludesNOEXEC -Indexes MultiViews SymLinksIfOwnerMatch RemoveHandler .php RemoveHandler .php5 IPCCommTimeout 12 </VirtualHost> You must “babysit” the configuration: use the APC monitor (apc.php) to see how many files are being cached, and how much memory (apc.shm_size) is needed to avoid fragmentation, which will… 24, 1, 2, 0 and 8176.29
Search results for "you do not have apc installed so you cannot use the apc object cache backend"
…file, so you can add the APC directives to that file (/home/domainname/etc/php5/php.ini) Add the following to php.ini (adjust to your requirements) [APC] extension = apc.so apc.enabled = 1 apc.shm_segments = 1 apc.shm_size = 12M apc.optimization = 0 apc.num_files_hint = 256 apc.user_entries_hint = 1024 apc.ttl = 0 apc.user_ttl = 0 apc.gc_ttl = 600 apc.cache_by_default = 0 apc.filters = “-/home/username/public_html/scripts-not-to-cache/.*,-/home/… 16, 1, 1, 0 and 4984.68
…Current key_buffer_size = 256 M Key cache miss rate is 1 : 247 Key buffer free ratio = 80 % Your key_buffer_size seems to be fine QUERY CACHE Query cache is enabled Current query_cache_size = 16 M Current query_cache_used = 12 M Current query_cache_limit = 1 M Current Query cache Memory fill ratio = 77.74 % Current query_cache_min_res_unit = 4 K MySQL won’t cache query results that are larger than query_cache_limit in size SORT OPERATIONS Curr… 32, 0, 1, 0 and 3562.18
…etc/init.d/varnish expects the variable $DAEMON_OPTS to be set from this # shell script fragment. # # # Maximum number of open files (for ulimit -n) NFILES=131072 # # Locked shared memory (for ulimit -l) # Default log size is 82MB + header MEMLOCK=82000 # # Maximum size of corefile (for ulimit -c). Default in Fedora is 0 # DAEMON_COREFILE_LIMIT=”unlimited” # # Set this to 1 to make init script reload try to switch vcl without restart. # To make t… 6, 0, 0, 0 and 2235.32
…APC per virtual server. However with 200+ virtual hosts all running PHP script packages, as is the case with a commodity shared hosting server, this will use a lot of memory, and you will need somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-30GB apc.shm_size if you attempt to configure a single APC cache for the entire server. My web hosting server is for a small number of personal clients, so I adjust the APC settings for each individual account, depending… 6, 1, 0, 0 and 1613.74
referrals provide the revenue stream. SoccerNews.com website I was contacted by the publisher after responding to a plea for assistance in a WordPress.org support forum. Though the site was running on a dedicated server with 8GB RAM, it was crashing frequently under load. The developer tried implementing APC Alternative PHP Cache and W3 Total Cache, but these measures turned out to be incompatible with some of the custom PHP code and the softwar… 8, 0, 0, 0 and 992.16
…deo. But be sure to add a tagline to “Say something about this…” This line becomes your Title in the RSS feed or WordPress post. Otherwise you will see a generic “Your Client’s Facebook Wall 07/12/2011 15:35:43″ as the title. And on the client’s site, you will see this: You may want to set up a WordPress Category for these posts. FeedWordPress can be configured to post to a specific Category, add Tags, etc. Y… 8, 0, 0, 0 and 382.51
If you’ve read anything at all about Content Management Systems (CMS), you’ll probably know that CMS are the most effective way to keep your site relevant to your audience. You also know at least three other things: Keeping your site relevant and up-to-date can be time consuming CMS can be complicated Portals can be expensive [...]
Chris Gilligan Information Architect, Web Server Administrator, Media Producer web • video • print email@example.com chrisgilligan.com I design and produce information and communication media for university, corporate, small business, manufacturing and non-profit clients: web sites Information architecture and design for open source content management systems Linux Apache MySQL PHP web server administration Postfix Dovecot Sendmail [...]
…egEx, nor log file location, is going to work for every distribution. Neither can Fail2Ban account for every change in log file location or structure from version to version. What worked for Centos 5.x may not work for CentOS 6.x; what worked in kernel 2.8 may be invalid in kernel 3.4. Also stated earlier, it is well worth the time to learn a little about RegEx. One vehicle to propel the admin far along the path is RegExr. Author Greg Skinner pro… 5, 0, 0, 0 and 239.07
- How to Configure APC Cache on Virtual Servers with PHP running under FCGId November 8, 2010
- Automated WordPress Installation Via Custom Virtualmin Script Installer May 17, 2012
- WordPress with W3 Total Cache on Nginx with APC (Virtualmin) March 12, 2012
- Varnish VCL and Config for WordPress with W3 Total Cache August 14, 2012
- Remote publishing to WordPress from Facebook via RSS July 25, 2011
- WordPress Fail2Ban RegEx for RedHat, CentOS, Amazon Linux April 27, 2013
- Fail2Ban Regex for RedHat, Fedora, CentOS and Amazon Linux 2013 April 19, 2013
- Auto Mailer Form with Validation and reCAPTCHA January 16, 2013
- Install phpMyAdmin with SSL on CentOS, Amazon Linux, RedHat (Apache or NginX) September 24, 2012
- SSL and CloudFront CDN Support for WebFonts via .htaccess September 5, 2012
- Chris Gilligan: What version of PHP are you running. This example ...
- manny: Hi Chris, Thank you for sharing the script, it ...
- Prestashop et APC en multiboutiques | Webiche : Blog de Michel Tomas: [...] Configure APC sur Apache avec mod-fcgid [......
- Chris Gilligan: leonardo: Thanks for your kind words! I do not ...
- leonardo: hey !! I am very happy I am publishing from facebo...
a little bird told me…
Follow @gilligoon on Twitter