APC INFO Monitor My Virtualmin CentOS 5.6 Virtual Private Server runs several virtual domains with PHP under FCGId using APC for opcode caching: Joomla, PHPbb, WordPress, etc . APC is somewhat challenging to configure properly with fcgid-enabled virtual domains, but it is quite helpful to optimize system resources and prevent traffic surges on one site from affecting overall server performance. Joomla and PHPbb have code that is pre-optimized w… 6, 0, 0, 0 and 1386.62
Search results for "general contractors that use joomla websites"
If you’ve read anything at all about Content Management Systems (CMS), you’ll probably know that CMS are the most effective way to keep your site relevant to your audience. You also know at least three other things: Keeping your site relevant and up-to-date can be time consuming CMS can be complicated Portals can be expensive [...]
…deo. But be sure to add a tagline to “Say something about this…” This line becomes your Title in the RSS feed or WordPress post. Otherwise you will see a generic “Your Client’s Facebook Wall 07/12/2011 15:35:43″ as the title. And on the client’s site, you will see this: You may want to set up a WordPress Category for these posts. FeedWordPress can be configured to post to a specific Category, add Tags, etc. Y… 1, 0, 0, 0 and 908.48
…ffic. Virtualmin explains: “When PHP scripts for this domain as run via FCGId, the number of PHP processes set in this field will be kept running at all times to serve requests. You can increase this from the default of 4 to improve PHP script latency, or decrease it to reduce memory use. Setting it to None will cause PHP processes to be launched only as needed on demand, and to be cleaned up after some period of inactivity.” Nginx su… 7, 0, 0, 0 and 334.7
…stions regarding your my.cnf configuration. mysqltuner is now deprecated, but it still widely used and is very simple. Tuning Primer is the most up-to-date, and provides more complete recommendations. If you are running MySQL 5 or later, the configuration statements can be in the following form (example from one of my servers): [mysqld] datadir=/var/lib/mysql socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock user=mysql symbolic-links=0 innodb_file_per_table = 1 t… 2, 0, 0, 0 and 239.07
Tennessee Galvanizing website Tennessee Galvanizing had an aging Joomla site that needed major software updates. So, I migrated the site to WordPress for ease of use and ease of updates. WordPress is much more user friendly than Joomla, and also easier to maintain. Simple WordPress site with front page slide show, news blog and contact form… 2, 0, 0, 0 and 239.07
…e in those logs, no single RegEx, nor log file location, is going to work for every distribution. Neither can Fail2Ban account for every change in log file location or structure from version to version. What worked for Centos 5.x may not work for CentOS 6.x; what worked in kernel 2.8 may be invalid in kernel 3.4. Also stated earlier, it is well worth the time to learn a little about RegEx. One vehicle to propel the admin far along the path is Reg… 5, 0, 0, 0 and 239.07
Walldorf Property Management Website This site for Walldorf Property Management in Chattanooga uses Joomla CMS and EZ-Realty to create a site that’s easy for Walldorf employees to update and manage. Online forms for lease applications, maintenance requests, and general questions Multiple listing categories and unlimited properties Image uploads automatically create slideshows for each property Multiple, automated RSS and XML feeds to ext… 1, 0, 1, 0 and 215.17
Light Sport & Ultralight Flying Magazine needed an easy-to-manage e-commerce solution, coupled with Content Management and slideshows. I used Joomla plus VirtueMart, and SlideShowPro to give them a sophisticated system that is simple to use. Light Sport & Ultralight Flying Magazine website The magazine has been in circulation since 1975, so the publishers know how to survive and thrive. Online sales & subscriptions give the print ma… 1, 0, 1, 0 and 215.17
Chris Gilligan Information Architect, Web Server Administrator, Media Producer web • video • print firstname.lastname@example.org chrisgilligan.com I design and produce information and communication media for university, corporate, small business, manufacturing and non-profit clients: web sites Information architecture and design for open source content management systems Linux Apache MySQL PHP web server administration Postfix Dovecot Sendmail [...]
- How to Configure APC Cache on Virtual Servers with PHP running under FCGId November 8, 2010
- Automated WordPress Installation Via Custom Virtualmin Script Installer May 17, 2012
- WordPress with W3 Total Cache on Nginx with APC (Virtualmin) March 12, 2012
- Varnish VCL and Config for WordPress with W3 Total Cache August 14, 2012
- Remote publishing to WordPress from Facebook via RSS July 25, 2011
- WordPress Fail2Ban RegEx for RedHat, CentOS, Amazon Linux April 27, 2013
- Fail2Ban Regex for RedHat, Fedora, CentOS and Amazon Linux 2013 April 19, 2013
- Auto Mailer Form with Validation and reCAPTCHA January 16, 2013
- Install phpMyAdmin with SSL on CentOS, Amazon Linux, RedHat (Apache or NginX) September 24, 2012
- SSL and CloudFront CDN Support for WebFonts via .htaccess September 5, 2012
- Chris Gilligan: What version of PHP are you running. This example ...
- manny: Hi Chris, Thank you for sharing the script, it ...
- Prestashop et APC en multiboutiques | Webiche : Blog de Michel Tomas: [...] Configure APC sur Apache avec mod-fcgid [......
- Chris Gilligan: leonardo: Thanks for your kind words! I do not ...
- leonardo: hey !! I am very happy I am publishing from facebo...
a little bird told me…
Follow @gilligoon on Twitter