Some installations of Apache will have been compiled to work with either Prefork or Worker MPM, but most by default are compiled only to work with Prefork. Changing to Worker MPM may allow your server to handle much higher traffic, more user sessions, with less RAM use. Your site or server will not scale well if it is running Prefork MPM. Worker is a bit more difficult to set up properly, and has some restrictions regarding functionality of PHP… 1, 0, 0, 0 and 1015.8
Search results for "cpanel check mpm loaded"
We recently migrated 2 Cpanel servers to VPS. Most things migrated properly and without incident. However, Mailman mailing lists were the exception. Mailing lists appear to have migrated properly, as they show up under WHM and Cpanel and usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/list_lists However, when cpanel user clicks Manage link, the following message appears: cpanel1.hosting.com mailing lists – Admin Links No such list listname_domainnam… 2, 0, 1, 0 and 681.18
…u may wish to run Apache with Worker MPM instead of Prefork MPM. More information about Apache Worker MPM vs. Prefork MPM » Installation Suggestions and Modification of Defaults Be sure to install the newest version of APC, 3.1.9 as of the last revision of this post (I assume you know how to install and configure all the packages mentioned in this post): pecl install apc Choose “no” for internal debugging, but choose “yesR… 1, 0, 0, 0 and 274.86
phpMyAdmin database display I recently ran into a problem with the upgraded 3.5.2 phpMyAdmin package provided via the rpmforge.repo. Search no longer works, nor does pagination, etc. Plus, it’s out of date and vulnerable to an XSS exploit. I have solved this by changing to the EPEL repo, which maintains the latest version of phpMyAdmin. This post will teach you how to install phpMyAdmin on CentOS, Amazon Linux, or Redhat. Configuration ins… 1, 0, 0, 0 and 143.41
Chris Gilligan Information Architect, Web Server Administrator, Media Producer web • video • print firstname.lastname@example.org chrisgilligan.com I design and produce information and communication media for university, corporate, small business, manufacturing and non-profit clients: web sites Information architecture and design for open source content management systems Linux Apache MySQL PHP web server administration Postfix Dovecot Sendmail [...]
…your MySQL server performance, you may try: mysqltuner: https://github.com/rackerhacker/MySQLTuner-perl (or http://mysqltuner.pl for the script only) MySQL Tuning Primer: https://launchpad.net/mysql-tuning-primer phpMyAdmin 3.5+: Status Monitor and Advisor are excellent tools, but require proper phpMyAdmin setup These scripts will analyze MySQL performance and make suggestions regarding your my.cnf configuration. mysqltuner is now deprecated,… 1, 0, 1, 0 and 83.65
If you’ve read anything at all about Content Management Systems (CMS), you’ll probably know that CMS are the most effective way to keep your site relevant to your audience. You also know at least three other things: Keeping your site relevant and up-to-date can be time consuming CMS can be complicated Portals can be expensive [...]
SlideShowPro Director is a secure, easy to use application for managing and updating your slideshow content. Simply upload images or videos, and SlideShowPro Director (through its non-destructive “on-demand publishing system”) formats photos on-the-fly to fit one or more slideshows. The result? Every slideshow you publish has sharp, beautiful imagery tailored to fit. See it in action at UltralightFlying.com » Check it out on SVIonli… 1, 0, 0, 0 and 47.8
…distribution. Neither can Fail2Ban account for every change in log file location or structure from version to version. What worked for Centos 5.x may not work for CentOS 6.x; what worked in kernel 2.8 may be invalid in kernel 3.4. Also stated earlier, it is well worth the time to learn a little about RegEx. One vehicle to propel the admin far along the path is RegExr. Author Greg Skinner provides an online version as well as Adobe AIR standalone… 1, 0, 0, 0 and 47.8
- How to Configure APC Cache on Virtual Servers with PHP running under FCGId November 8, 2010
- Automated WordPress Installation Via Custom Virtualmin Script Installer May 17, 2012
- WordPress with W3 Total Cache on Nginx with APC (Virtualmin) March 12, 2012
- Varnish VCL and Config for WordPress with W3 Total Cache August 14, 2012
- Remote publishing to WordPress from Facebook via RSS July 25, 2011
- WordPress Fail2Ban RegEx for RedHat, CentOS, Amazon Linux April 27, 2013
- Fail2Ban Regex for RedHat, Fedora, CentOS and Amazon Linux 2013 April 19, 2013
- Auto Mailer Form with Validation and reCAPTCHA January 16, 2013
- Install phpMyAdmin with SSL on CentOS, Amazon Linux, RedHat (Apache or NginX) September 24, 2012
- SSL and CloudFront CDN Support for WebFonts via .htaccess September 5, 2012
- Chris Gilligan: What version of PHP are you running. This example ...
- manny: Hi Chris, Thank you for sharing the script, it ...
- Prestashop et APC en multiboutiques | Webiche : Blog de Michel Tomas: [...] Configure APC sur Apache avec mod-fcgid [......
- Chris Gilligan: leonardo: Thanks for your kind words! I do not ...
- leonardo: hey !! I am very happy I am publishing from facebo...
a little bird told me…
Follow @gilligoon on Twitter