Joe Naturals Farm Store Cafe is a “farm to table” cafe and natural foods store located in historic Leiper’s Fork, near Franklin, TN. The owners contacted me through a fellow farmer with whom I have worked on several web projects.
The website project was languishing, after being abandoned by a designer who lacked knowledge of WordPress template coding. The site needed better integration with WordPress, including text-based navigation and replacement of scanned layout comps, which were being used for page display & navigation.
I reworked the stylesheet to replace image-based text with CSS styled text, integrated WordPress navigation, and then added a few WordPress plugins.
- Constant Contact API for automated newsletter signup
- Simple Facebook Connect for Facebook Fan Page interconnectedness
- Google Analyticator and Google XML Sitemaps for search engine optimization and traffic reporting
- WordPress SEO for simple and effective search engine optimization
- W3 Total Cache to speed up site access on a low-end GoDaddy hosting account
I also worked with the farmers’ social media person to add social media links and integrate Facebook “Likes” and cross publishing from the WordPress blog to the Facebook Fan Page.