referrals provide the revenue stream. SoccerNews.com website I was contacted by the publisher after responding to a plea for assistance in a WordPress.org support forum. Though the site was running on a dedicated server with 8GB RAM, it was crashing frequently under load. The developer tried implementing APC Alternative PHP Cache and W3 Total Cache, but these measures turned out to be incompatible with some of the custom PHP code and the softwar… 9, 0, 1, 0 and 466.19
Search results for "could not connect to the database please make sure the database server username and password is correct opencart"
…APC per virtual server. However with 200+ virtual hosts all running PHP script packages, as is the case with a commodity shared hosting server, this will use a lot of memory, and you will need somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-30GB apc.shm_size if you attempt to configure a single APC cache for the entire server. My web hosting server is for a small number of personal clients, so I adjust the APC settings for each individual account, depending… 1, 0, 0, 0 and 454.24
If you’ve read anything at all about Content Management Systems (CMS), you’ll probably know that CMS are the most effective way to keep your site relevant to your audience. You also know at least three other things: Keeping your site relevant and up-to-date can be time consuming CMS can be complicated Portals can be expensive [...]
Punktastic.com is a community powered site that covers punk music in Britain, but is poised to go worldwide. They cover punk and hardcore shows and festivals, and provide album reviews, video interviews and more. With a growing audience and user base, Punktastic needed a more reliable and robust web server, so they made the move to a dedicated CentOS 5 series web server with 3GB RAM. While this is a relatively low-end box, it has plenty of horse… 4, 0, 0, 0 and 191.26
Facebook and Twitter are two very important social media platforms that can seriously improve the reach of your website content. Content Management Systems can be configured to automatically send new content to Facebook and Twitter via RSS feeds, with linkback to your website, which improves traffic. WordPress Sites $500 per site Install Facebook Connect and Twitter Connect plugins Optionally, add Facebook feed and fans, Facebook Comments &… 2, 0, 0, 0 and 95.63
Chris Gilligan provides web server and search engine optimization (SEO) services WordPress development high performance hosting site and server performance tuning Decades of experience hosting websites, from small local sites with only a few html pages, to high-traffic sites with thousands of users and pages. I’ve been building websites and since the early days of [...]
Zero Sum Website This is a project for Create Here, a Chattanooga think tank nonprofit that connects entrepreneurs and artists with creative communicators to promote sustainable, creative initiatives and showcases. Zero Sum is an exhibit that examines the role of games in contemporary culture and the impact they have on our social experience, psyche, morality and approach to critical thinking. Online forms for artistic submissions Database to… 1, 0, 1, 0 and 83.68
Eligère Carpet and Rugs website This site was completed in 2006 for a custom floor covering design and manufacturing company in (where else?) Dalton, Georgia. Flash for navigation, audio-visual intro and product galleries Lightbox for zoom-in product close-ups Color correct images and design to match corporate identity… 1, 0, 0, 0 and 47.82
Joe Naturals Farm Store Cafe is a “farm to table” cafe and natural foods store located in historic Leiper’s Fork, near Franklin, TN. The owners contacted me through a fellow farmer with whom I have worked on several web projects. Joe Natural's website The website project was languishing, after being abandoned by a designer who lacked knowledge of WordPress template coding. The site needed better integration with WordPress,… 1, 0, 0, 0 and 47.82
- How to Configure APC Cache on Virtual Servers with PHP running under FCGId November 8, 2010
- Automated WordPress Installation Via Custom Virtualmin Script Installer May 17, 2012
- WordPress with W3 Total Cache on Nginx with APC (Virtualmin) March 12, 2012
- Varnish VCL and Config for WordPress with W3 Total Cache August 14, 2012
- Remote publishing to WordPress from Facebook via RSS July 25, 2011
- WordPress Fail2Ban RegEx for RedHat, CentOS, Amazon Linux April 27, 2013
- Fail2Ban Regex for RedHat, Fedora, CentOS and Amazon Linux 2013 April 19, 2013
- Auto Mailer Form with Validation and reCAPTCHA January 16, 2013
- Install phpMyAdmin with SSL on CentOS, Amazon Linux, RedHat (Apache or NginX) September 24, 2012
- SSL and CloudFront CDN Support for WebFonts via .htaccess September 5, 2012
- Chris Gilligan: What version of PHP are you running. This example ...
- manny: Hi Chris, Thank you for sharing the script, it ...
- Prestashop et APC en multiboutiques | Webiche : Blog de Michel Tomas: [...] Configure APC sur Apache avec mod-fcgid [......
- Chris Gilligan: leonardo: Thanks for your kind words! I do not ...
- leonardo: hey !! I am very happy I am publishing from facebo...
a little bird told me…
Follow @gilligoon on Twitter